Are you working to make the world a better place?
Is your business a “social enterprise” that addresses social and/or environmental issues?
Do you get excited about joining a movement that can make this work easier for you and others like you?
If you said yes to these questions…THANK YOU!
Thank you for being part of the emerging 4th Sector—the economic sector that uses the power of business to do good things for people and the planet.
Laramie Main Street Alliance believes in people like you — and our mission is to help make your work less complicated, more productive and fun. That’s why we have embarked on a new research project in conjunction with the National Science Foundation and The Local Crowd that is designed to uncover the best ways to do just that.
We are pleased to invite you to participate in this project. You can participate in two ways. First, we would love to talk to you about your experience and needs as a social entrepreneur. Your input will become a valuable part of the research, and help us develop programs that will support social entrepreneurs in the future. Contact email@example.com using subject line: 4th Sector to get started.
Second, if you are in need of funds for your enterprise, we invite you to apply to be one of our crowdfunding companies. You will gain valuable information about social entrepreneurship and the crowdfunding process—plus, you will raise money, too!
To qualify to be a crowdfunding company, you must:
- Be interested in raising $15,000 or less for your enterprise. Larger amounts can work, but talk to us about it before you apply.
- Have a simple, achievable fundraising campaign that people will be excited about. It can be part of a bigger project, but it should have stand alone value.
- Show how your campaign will create an economic benefit to your business as well as the community you serve. How will the proposed project expand your customer base, deliver a better (or expanded) service or strengthen your existing business? How does this ultimately benefit others?
- Be ready to begin working on your fundraising efforts by May 20th, 2019.
Laramie Main Street will be selecting up to ten local businesses to participate as crowdfunding companies.
Applications will be accepted until 5 p.m. on Friday May 10, 2019.
When you participate, you will receive these benefits:
- Raise money for your enterprise using The Local Crowd’s crowdfunding platform.
- Participate in TLC’s dynamic, expert coaching program to help you achieve crowdfunding success — and enhance the outreach of your enterprise.
- Receive a free marketing assessment (valued at $150) to ensure you receive coaching and materials that fit your needs.
- Share your ideas, feedback and suggestions for the services, structures and support systems social enterprises need.
- Connect with other social entrepreneurs in your community and other Local Crowd Communities around the country.
- Receive [matching funds, video production —anything that the Host Community is offering as part of the program]
- Ride the 4th Sector wave to a more sustainable future for us all!
Your participation as a crowdfunding company will require your time, energy, and thoughtfulness to help us understand the needs of 4th sector enterprises.
When you participate, you will be expected to:
- Compete the pre- and post project assessment and survey.
- Follow crowdfunding best practices as described by your coach.
- Form a campaign team that will actively promote your fundraising project to their personal networks
- Work closely with the TLC Laramie team to leverage training, marketing and community outreach tools.
- Help us spread the word by sharing your success story through various media and social media outlets.
Come to our “Learn More!” session at the Laramie Main Street office, 115 E Ivinson Ave on Thursday, April 25 at 8:30 a.m. We will have coffee and conversation about the NSF research project and how you can participate. Bring your questions, curiosity and enthusiasm! If you can’t make it to the session, you can give Jason a call or email to learn more. Jason Arnold, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.thelocalcrowd.com, (888) 465-9622.
How to Apply
To be considered to be a crowdfunding company for the TLC pilot research project, please use the button and complete the form.
Please e-mail any questions to Jason Arnold, email@example.com.