We are working together to cultivate a stronger ecosystem of investors, service providers and local economy champions to provide access to capital to both the for-profit and not-for-profit sectors throughout the region. By leveraging the power of crowdfunding, Sauk Valley Funded’s platform will help start-up ventures, early-growth stage companies and community-based projects find access to capital.
Our regional approach is a unique blend of organizations all tasked with finding and expanding business opportunities to help further grow local economies. Sauk Valley Funded is a part of a larger crowdfunding project known as The Local Crowd, which received a Small Business Innovation Research Grant from the USDA to support development of the platform and to provide technical assistance to local groups venturing into the crowdfunding arena.
What a Campaign Will Receive
- An individual account on The Local Crowd platform to post your campaign
- Opportunity to receive all funds raised via the crowdfunding campaign for the designated project (Less 3% credit card processing fee and 5% platform fee.)
- A support community consisting of The Local Crowd Sauk Valley team as well as other active campaigns and campaign creators.
- Campaign planning, marketing, and outreach support
- Technical web support while posting your campaign
- A series of workshops and online resources to help navigate the world of crowdfunding both generally and specific to The Local Crowd platform
It will be the responsibility of all selected campaign teams to work closely with the Local Crowd Sauk Valley team to adhere to all established guidelines. The expectation is that all campaign teams will take on the majority of the work that comes with campaign creation and promotion but with access to the TLC Sauk Valley campaign advisors and curators as a means of help and support when needed. A successful campaign team will have a strong understanding of its network of potential supporters, which is the backbone of any successful crowdfunding campaign.
If you need more resources or information, visit our Learning Center using the button below: