Current & Past Campaigns
Welcome to The Local Crowd Monroe Crowdfunding Platform!
Monroe is an amazing southern town with organized programs focusing on historic preservation, economic development and community events that create a vibrant downtown. When you walk through the tree lined streets of downtown, you’ll find friendly business owners, a “small town feel,” and a variety of stores and dining options in a charming, historic setting. Additionally, Downtown Monroe is home to over 200 businesses and organizations, a destination for multiple historic attractions, numerous community events, and we are the antique capital of Georgia!
Our goal is to inspire economic development, encourage historic preservation, and collaborate with public and private organizations for the benefit of downtown and our entire community. Our vision is to be the #1 downtown in Georgia by showcasing our rich history, celebrating local entrepreneurship, and encouraging downtown living while preserving our small town charm. We invite you to join us in this effort!
Mission: Our mission is to provide a crowdfunding platform for our community’s use in making Monroe a “place to play” for visitors and residents. There are many creative ways to do this, and we are looking to you, our local idea creators, for innovative campaigns to make our city a destination for fun!
Criteria: The following criteria must be met in order for a project to be posted on the Monroe crowdfunding platform:
- The project is located in Monroe, GA.
- The project proposes a measurable benefit to the local economy and/or improvement to the quality of life in Monroe, GA.
- The project does not propose any illegal activities and would not be considered malicious or hateful toward any individual or group.
- Projects that complement the mission of Downtown Monroe and help create places to play within the city, including opening or growing a business downtown, preservation, public art and/or enhancements to the historic district will receive special consideration.
Before an idea is submitted please be ready to share the following with city staff:
- Overall strategy to implement project and the end result
- Ideas for campaign rewards and marketing
- How much money is needed and how it will be utilized – there is a cap of $15,000