After you’ve cleverly crafted your story and made strategic plans for making the ask to bring your project to life, launch day is just around the corner! At this point, it will be vital that you have a lengthy and diverse pool of contacts to reach out to throughout your campaign, whether via email, telephone, or in-person visits. Begin by creating a spreadsheet to organize names, contact information, and record correspondence as you start to send personalized notes requesting support. Below you’ll find five ways to begin building that spreadsheet into a rich and powerful tool that will help you push toward your campaign’s success.
- Dig into your pre-existing contact lists on your smartphone, email accounts, and any professional networks and begin organizing groups of friends, family, close peers, and community connections.
- Just as you have combed your resources for contacts, ask the members of your team to do the same, allowing your campaign to reach into different affinity groups beyond your own.
- As you attend networking events, meetings, and conferences, and share your upcoming projects with peers, collect names and contact information with a notebook or tablet to keep them up-to-date as you move forward.
- People are more prone to sharing their contact information when they feel it is a mutually beneficial exchange; offer a freebie download or swag item to incentivize your community to sign up and stay informed.
- Use your personal and business social media channels to gather email subscriptions from people interested in what you have in store, and double down by asking your close contacts to share the same call to action on their pages as well.